This is belated to publish but I did write it back on December 30th 😉
I found this survey to recap on the year of 2013
- Best race experience?
- My first half was the best race experience. It was such a good race for me, I felt great the whole time, my first half, and I got a massage after at the expo!
- Best run?
- Hands down my first training run at 21 miles was my best run ever. I ran the whole thing faster than race pace (not good for training) but it felt amazing. I swear that runner’s high lasted days.
- Best new piece of gear?
- wow I got a ton of awesome gear this year.. my hydration pack is essential, also I just got a 3-in-1 foam roller! I figured out what shoes work best for me (asics gel cumulus) so thats important.
- Best piece of running advice you received?
- Have fun! I really only run for myself now. I run because I love it and the way it makes me feel.
- Most inspirational runner?
- Hungry Runner Girl ! She’s so funny, honest, and is so committed to doing fitness that she loves. And runs a ridiculous amount (+ super fast) !!
- If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be?
- enjoying life, learning to live in the now